[Exim] ACLs

Author: Dirk Koopman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ACLs
I seem to have got my knickers in a bit of a twist on ACL, can anyone
help me straighten them out a bit.

I am running Mailman on the box so I want that to be able to post
unconditionally.

I would like sender and receiver to be verified on incoming stuff,
however, I don't want a load of bounce messages for the spam that probes
non-local addresses.

I have a load of domains that I relay for (together with a few hosts).
This is manifestly wrong, but I don't seem to have the brain power or
understanding to fix it.

check_recipient:
  accept  hosts = :127.0.0.0/8
  require verify = sender
  deny    message = unrouteable address
          !verify = recipient
  accept  domains = +local_domains
  deny    message = unrouteable address
          verify = recipient
  accept  domains = +relay_domains
  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
  deny    message = relay not permitted

--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to