Re: [Exim] NEWBIE compiling - mysql and options

Author: Bruno Saverio Delbono
To: _Chris McKeever_
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] NEWBIE compiling - mysql and options
--
Moin _Chris!
_Chris McKeever_ schrieb am Freitag, den 11. Juli 2003:
>trying to define the conifguration file for a first-run EXIM build and I
>have a couple questions, mainly for adding mysql and ldap support.

>LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /usr/local/mysql/include -I /usr/local/ldap/include

>I dont seem to have either of these directories (nor just looking for
>mysql/include ldap/include) I am sure I am mis-interpretting something

you might have them in /usr/include/mysql or /usr/include/ldap (as shipped
by certain vendors). See if you get compile errors.

>Same goes for: LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lldap -llber -lmysqlclient -lpq

>yet, I am not sure what -llber and -lpq (postgres?) are.

these are postgres libraries to compile postgres support in exim. Don't use
postgres (why not!), then don't link exim to it.

Alternatively, you can try the rpm version(s) of exim binaries.

--
Bruno Saverio Delbono <bdelbono at leviathan dot lucifer dot at>
Systems Engineer - Open-Systems Group Inc.