Re: [Exim] exim relaying to exchange or lotus

Author: Kevin P. Fleming
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim relaying to exchange or lotus
Daniel Starin wrote:

>             I heard that a lot of system admins use exim to relay mail
> to an internal exchange server.  What is the purpose of this?
> Thanks,

There are many reasons:

- Exchange can be hard (if not impossible) to completely secure
against hacking/DOS

- Exchange does not offer the level of access control, filtering, etc.
that Exim does, leading to more junk mail being accepted

- Exchange is not entirely RFC-compliant and occasionally has trouble
accepting legitimate mail from senders that expect full compliance