Re: [Exim] exim relaying to exchange or lotus

Author: Walt Reed
To: Daniel Starin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim relaying to exchange or lotus
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:20:07AM -0700, Daniel Starin said:
>             I heard that a lot of system admins use exim to relay mail
> to an internal exchange server.  What is the purpose of this?
> Thanks,

Mainly because exchange does not fully conform to the RFC's, behaves
badly when talking to others, is slow, is difficult to nearly impossible
to customize, is prone to crash when used under load or the database
gets large, etc., etc., etc.

IMHO, it's a bad idea to EVER put Exchange directly on the internet
without going through a UNIX based relay / smarthost.