RE: [Exim] Use of wildcards

Author: Pete Horn
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Use of wildcards
Kirill Miazine wrote:

> RTFM about how regular expressions work.

Yes, quite. Thanks for your patience, I'd been reading the Exim manuals &
FAQ for a few days & didn't realise "matches" rather than "contains" was
what I needed. I've since been getting my head around PCRE this morning but
sometimes it's better to ask someone else.

> Why do not you simply use SpamAssassin?

I'm trying to filter on the remote server before the final delivery to my
home email accounts so I don't get SMS text alerts for junk email. The Exim
Filter file is the only tool I know I have access to on the server, so
that's why I'm trying (with fair success) to do things there. Using
SpamAssasin on my home PC wouldn't stop my phone buzzing. Our Sys Admin is
looking at a server wide filter.

Most of the posts on this group are way over my head... I'll crawl off

Pete horn