Re: [Exim] Looking at each email sent out

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: Dan Muey
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Looking at each email sent out
Hi Dan!

> Ok, no takers. Perhaps if I simplify the question:

Sorry, must have missed that one. ;-)

>> Basically I need the date,to, and from info minimally and
>> subject if possible and perhaps but probably not the body.

This is readily available (less the body) from the Exim logs, if you
enable recipients and subject logging.

> Is there a way to pipe a copy of each outgoing email for a domain to
> an external program?

Many. Two possibilities are:

- A system filter that acts on sender's domain and does an unseen
delivery to a pipe (if $sender_address_domain is "..." then unseen
deliver |/home/external_program.pl endif).

- A redirect router that acts on sender's domain and does an unseen
route to a pipe transport:

    driver = redirect
    senders = domain.com
    data = |/home/external_program.pl
    no_verify
    no_expn
    pipe_transport = address_pipe
    unseen

The use of unseen in both cases is important. Exim will then just
continue to process the mail as if nothing had happened.

Andy