Re: [Exim] Brain Dead ISP's?

Author: Thomas Tonino
To: Wakko Warner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Brain Dead ISP's?
Wakko Warner wrote:

> It's this reason that I wish Exim had a database that it could store
> sender/recipient cominations (possibly even hostip) and reject messages
> earlier to future attempts.

You should be able to do this with a database and all the nice ACL stuff
that is in Exim.

A reject in the data ACL could create a record with the relevant data in
the database. I think this is supported for the SQL databases at least.

This database is queried in the RCPT ACL. Sender and recipient are
available there, you look them up in the SQL and reject if it is known
to be a bad sender.

You need some expiration method (drop table every night, put in time
stamps and an aging process from cron, ...)

Thomas