[Exim] Re: AOL closed connection in response to initial con…

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: AOL closed connection in response to initial connection
--
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 12:41:52PM -0500, Fernando Sanchez wrote:
| Hi,

| I'm getting a lot of "closed connection in response to initial
| connection" errors when sending mail to AOL. when I test the MX records
| for aol.com with telnet mailin-04.mx.aol.com 25 I never get to talk to
| their mailserver. Does anybody know the reason why this could be?

Did you read the message when you tested with telnet? It says
*exactly* why they drop the connection.

| It doesn't happen with all the messages to aol, but with most of
| them. Is there someplace I can tweak or something to solve this kind
| of things?

Yeah, use a "smarthost" relay.
There are a few ways you can set that up depending on what tradeoffs
you want to make.

| there are some other servers from which I get a Timed out after
| inital connection too.

Maybe those are just overloaded and can't cope? (there are some MTAs
that appear to just hang after accepting the connection when under a
moderate to heavy load)

-D

--
If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/