[Exim] Re: spamassassin in an infinte loop

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim exim
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: spamassassin in an infinte loop
--
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 12:10:30PM -0700, huey payne wrote:
| I am installing spamassassin 2.55 on an e-mail box
| running exim 4.12 and redhat 8.0. Right now mail
| gets caught in an infinite loop with spamassassin.
| Exim sends the e-mail to spamassassin to check,
| spamassassin returns the e-mail to exim and exim sends
| it back to spamassassin. Following are the router
| and transportation setting in the exim config file.

[config snipped]

Do you, by any chance, have some other scanning system with a similar
setup?  I saw someone try that once, the net effect was
    exim -> SA -> exim -> virus scanner -> exim -> SA -> exim -> ...
the solution was to adjust the condition= setting so that when the
virus scanner returned the message to exim, exim skipped both the SA
and AV routers.

The other thing I wonder is you don't have 'report_safe 0' set in
spamassassin and thus exim doesn't see any X-Spam-Flag: header
defined. However, since $received_protocol is set that shouldn't
matter.

Say, user 'mail' exists and is a privileged user (in terms of exim),
right?

HTH,
-D

--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/