Re: [Exim] RLIMIT_NOFILE problem (should be FD_SETSIZE not 1…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] RLIMIT_NOFILE problem (should be FD_SETSIZE not 1000)
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Michael Haardt wrote:

> Note that FD_SETSIZE is specific to select(). PHP allows access to its
> logs by spawned programs? Shouldn't it close those descriptors?
>
> I would like Exim only to increase the set of descriptors, though.
> If the available descriptors are >1000, why lower them?

This is just an oversight on my part. The addition of that code was
because people were hitting cases where the limit was too small. The
possibility that 1000 would be lowering the limit never entered my mind.
I'll do something about it.