Re: [Exim] RLIMIT_NOFILE problem (should be FD_SETSIZE not 1…

Autor: Michael Haardt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] RLIMIT_NOFILE problem (should be FD_SETSIZE not 1000)
> exim 4.20 sets RLIMIT_NOFILE to 1000 in src/exim.c line 2371

> This can cause problems if exim is spawned from a webserver running php
> which has > 1000 fds open (log files etc).   This is pretty common on
> machines running lots of virtual hosts.    This really should be set to
> FD_SETSIZE and not 1000.

Note that FD_SETSIZE is specific to select(). PHP allows access to its
logs by spawned programs? Shouldn't it close those descriptors?

I would like Exim only to increase the set of descriptors, though.
If the available descriptors are >1000, why lower them?

Michael