Re: [Exim] Fwd: Warning: message 19RjU9-0000jj-00 delayed 36…

Autor: Toralf Lund
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Fwd: Warning: message 19RjU9-0000jj-00 delayed 360 hours
>> --
>> This [see attached message] is something I get frequently being the
>> postmaster of our domain (postmaster receives messages for root.) I've
>> also asked about this on the list earlier, but nothing came out of it,
>> so
>> I'll try again.
>>
>> Background:
> [ ... ]
>
>> delivered when the host is reconnected to the main net.
>>
>> Now, 1-3 above is roughly the behaviour I want, but I'd rather not have
>> all the warnings described in 4. In fact, they are completely
>> meaningless,
>> since I won't read them until the message is actually disabled.
> I meant so say "delivered" of course.

I think what I want is basically

delay_warning_condition = \
${if <the delay warning will itself be delayed> {no}{yes}}

but I'm not sure how to write the conditional. Possibly,

delay_warning_condition = ${if eq {$h_to:}{$h_from:} {no}{yes}}

will do on many cases. The idea would be that if the receiver of the
delayed message will also receive the warning, the warning will probably
be delayed, too.

Comments?

- Toralf