Re: [Exim] Exim 4.20, Debian, exiscan-acl and sa-exim

Autor: Adam D. Barratt
A: exim-users
CC: Andreas Metzler
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.20, Debian, exiscan-acl and sa-exim
[CCed to the list in case it's useful to anyone else. If not, yell and
I'll take it off-list]

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 22:40, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 06:54:04PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> [...]
> > Debian Exim 4.20 package, patched to support exiscan-acl and
> > sa-exim (not sure how easy this is to integrate into the package,
> > or whether I'd be better off with vanilla source).
>
> No neeed for additional patching for sa-exim, the dlopen-patch is
> already included. exiscan-acl will require patching, just fetch the
> source patch it and check debian/rules on how to build
> exim4-daemon-custom.

Thanks. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but... :-)

Is there any easy way to persuade the package to build on a woody
system? (work like keeping production servers as close to stable as
possible). Obviously dpatch needs to be dragged in from sarge, which is
no problem, but the Build-Depends on libgnutls5-dev tries to drag in
half of testing when I do an `apt-get build-dep exim4', including the
updated libc, which I was trying to avoid.

If I don't care about TLS support in the generated packages, would
removing the Build-Depends: on libgnutls5-dev suffice? Likewise, if
eximon isn't being built, would doing the same for {xlibs,libxaw7}-dev
stop it trying to drag in half of X?

I know there are woody backports available, but they appear to be
binary-only, which isn't a lot of use for patching with exiscan-acl. :)

Regards,

Adam