[Exim] Re: Deferred delivery to user account with /dev/null …

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Deferred delivery to user account with /dev/null as home dir
--
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:50:06AM -0400, Eli wrote:

| Maybe the answer is to do some type of condition test on the forwarding
| router to ensure that $home is a directory, or that maybe $home/.forward is
| a normal file and exists.

require_files

| Looks like I'll have to fiddle around with it a bit, I just think it's silly
| that the .forward rule is failing,

You told it to. One aspect of exim is that every detail about the
routing and delivery must be specified in the config file. If you
specify it in a different manner than you intend, it will be have in
that manner which you didn't intend.

Personally I'd just put an alias to ":fail:" in /etc/aliases for
system accounts that aren't supposed to receive mail.

-D

--
(E)ventually (M)allocs (A)ll (C)omputer (S)torage

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/