RE: [Exim] limitations with embedded Perl

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Mike Scott
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] limitations with embedded Perl
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Mike Scott wrote:

> If you're following, who IS responsible for the embedded Perl
> implementation? Perhaps this person can shed light one this (and other?)
> limitations of using the embedded Perl.

Malcolm Beattie, who was then at the University of Oxford, did it, in
1998. I have a feeling that has has since moved. The code is very short,
and is all in the perl.c module.

I can shed just a tiny glimmer: since your problems were with DBM files,
the trouble perhaps arises because Exim is linked with a DBM library.
Perhaps this is interfering with what Perl is trying to do.