Re: [Exim] Newby question for address directing / routing

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: James P. Roberts
To: exim-users, ojaeger
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Newby question for address directing / routing
>Hi,
>
>I'm using exim 3.35 on a Debian Woody box. Exim is configured to
>route all mails to a smarthost. The machine is processing mail
>from a python script for external delivery or for faxing by a
>hylafax fax server. In the future the faxmail gateway should be
>used from other machines in our local net.

<snip>

Not directly related to your question; but, I trust you have some way to avoid
the infinite loop that can be generated when some poor user sets their "out of
office" forwarding to the fax server, and the fax server sends a confirmation
of each fax sent, to the originating user...

Right now, you may be thinking, "Why would a user ever do that?!?" Not the
right thought pattern. If they can, they eventually will. Trust me. I was
that "user" once, innocently combining two documented features of a company
(M$ Exchange-based) mail system... (We had someone traveling to a remote
site, without email access, but with a fax machine... Perfectly logical!)

The fun really started when it hit the "disk overflow protection." This was
where the central server would refuse to relay anything from an over-quota
user. And send them a warning about why their email was rejected... ROTFL

I understand the Exchange server crashed due to severe disk overflow. I heard
it took 3 days to get it back up.

Just sharing experience.

Kind Regards,
Jim Roberts