[Exim] Re: bouncing mailer deamon messages on secondary mx w…

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Rutger van Oosten, exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: bouncing mailer deamon messages on secondary mx where spammer is spoofing as me!
At 8:44 +0000 2003/06/24, Rutger van Oosten wrote:
>If your primary MX is down - then the callout will always fail, will it
>not? So all e-mail would be (temporarily) rejected from your backup mx's,
>which is not what you have backup mailservers for.
>
>Giuliano Gavazzi <eximlists@???> wrote in
>
>> or a recipient callout:
>>
>>     verify = recipient/callout

> > but only for incoming messages.

touche!

Well, for the main purpose, that is to stop spammers that go for the
secondary whatever the weather, this would still work. They would
also help by filling the callout cache... for the rest a
callout_defer_ok... no, I am digging myself deeper!

Nevermind, I'll go and have some coffee instead.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/