[Exim] Exim 4.10 core dump

Author: Joe Lewis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim 4.10 core dump
Ladies and Gents;

We've installed Exim 4.10 on FreeBSD 4.7 onto a production server that
went live Tuesday morning. But, we've run into a little problem. Exim
is core dumping (exiting on signal 11). These are on the deliveries.

I read a message on the list about core dumps with exim, and the
solution there was to remove the /var/spool/$(exim_dir)/db/retry* files.
This did NOT alleviate the problem. We are still getting core dumps,
and I don't like the looks of the new mail server.

Our set up uses two directories, one that is for incoming mail. Then
SpamAssassin grabs it, checks it, and puts in into the delivery folder.
Once in the delivery folder, the second "q" process should pull it out
and deliver it.

This is where it is failing. We have over 1800 messages in our queue (a
far cry more than the 100-300 we typically encountered using Sendmail).
I'd like to know :

How do I stop exim from core dumping? I don't want to be at the console
for all hours of my life baby sitting this thing because it stops
delivering mail.

Second, how do I get the queue size to be smaller?

Joe