Re: [Exim] Configuration help

Author: John R. Shearer
To: tony, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Configuration help
Tony:

Maybe I'm over-stretching my knowledge here, but I'll give it a try. :-)

I have a similar rig in my network. The two options that come to mind for
this situation are:

  A) Run a split DNS and have the external MX records for
     the domains in question point to the bastion while
     the internal MX records point to the internal mail
     server, and bind the bastion to the internal DNS.
     This is what I'm currently using.

  B) Something like this (for Exim v3.3; not sure if
     this'll work for Exim 4)...

       internal_domains_router:
         driver = domainlist
         transport = remote_smtp
         domains = "lsearch;/etc/exim/internal_domains"
         route_list = * my-internal-mail-host.mydomain.tld bydns_a

This should be the first router defined.

You said that you "...already have an A Record in place...", and I assume
that you are referring to the internal mail server. If this is the case,
then the route_list option above should work for you.

Be sure to define your internal domains as ones which you accept for
relaying as such:

relay_domains = "lsearch;/etc/exim/internal_domains"

I *think* that will do it for you. - John R. S.