[Exim] Re: Spamassassin and Exim 4.20 Help needed

Author: Peter McGarvey
To: Daniel Bendersky
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Spamassassin and Exim 4.20 Help needed
* Daniel Bendersky <dbenders@???> [2003-06-19 15:16:01 BST]:
> Hi,
>
> I have the Exim 4.20 with the exiscan-acl patch and I have already
> tried to set up the spamassassin at the ACL.
>
> It works perfect and was very easy to set it up, BUT my problem is that
> I run an ISP with Thousands of e-mail accounts, so the load of the
> servers (that are behind a load balancer) grow from 0.5 to 60 so I
> turned it off.
>
> One guy here at the list, told me that there is no way to check an
> e-mail message at the ACL only for a group of users. That I must to do
> it using routers.
> Only 4% of the messages need to be scanned (I know that because I have
> already the RAV antivirus working), so I want to run SA the same way,
> only for a group of users.
>
> With this info on the table, what you suggest?

It is possible to turn scanning on based on a recipient using the
"acl_c?" variables to set a flag in the acl_smtp_rcpt, which the
acl_smtp_data will check to see if scanning is required.

Only snag is that if one recipient has scanning enabled, it's enabled
for all. I worked around this by adding a header which can later be
used in routers, transports, and filters. Not the most elegant of
solutions, but it works.

--
TTFN, FNORD

Peter McGarvey