[Exim] New Snapshot: testers wanted

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] New Snapshot: testers wanted
Andrew Doran sent me a patch to fix some problems with the OS-dependent
code that obtains a list of a host's interface addresses. I've hacked it
around a bit according to my own preju.. er preferences. Because this is
a tricky area, I'd like to have it tested on as many OS as possible.
I've tried Solaris 8, FreeBSD and IRIX, but repeating those probably
does no harm. To run the test, please do the following:

1. Download

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz

2. Build it in the normal way. It calls itself Exim 4.201.

3. Using an Exim configuration that does NOT have local_interfaces set,
and which does have a standard kind of dnslookup router, run the
following test:

./exim -d-all+interface -bt ph10@???

4. The debugging output (which will only be about a screenful, unless
you have a zillion local interfaces) should contain lines like this:

Actual local interface address is 127.0.0.1 (lo0)
Actual local interface address is 131.111.xx.xxx (le0)
Actual local interface address is ::1 (lo0)
Actual local interface address is fe80::a00:20ff:xxxx:xxxx (le0)
Actual local interface address is 2001:630:200:8100:a00:20ff:xxxx:xxxx (le0:1)

5. Check that the list of IP addresses is indeed the correct list of the
interfaces on your host. If it is, the test is successful.

6. Let me know the result.

This is the current source snapshot. There are 16 other changes since
4.20; if you want to check them out, feel free.

Thanks,
Philip