[Exim] MX record of 100

Author: Joseph Kezar
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] MX record of 100
My exim server is not sending alot of mail to 1 particular mail server, It gets frozen in queue. The MX record of bop.gov is set to 100. Exim refuses with: "MX=100 ** unusable *"

Is there anyway I can tell exim that this MX record is okay? If you do a 'dig -t MX bop.gov' you will see there is an MX of 5 and an IP address for it 206.138.130.2, but I am not sure why it is not using this record instead, doesnt MX use the lowest number first?

The complete output of 'exim -bt username@???' is as follows:

    router = lookuphost, transport = remote_smtp
    host mail.bop.gov [206.138.130.2] MX=5
    host mail.uuet [known]  MX=100 ** unusable **