Re: [Exim] Envelope rewrite - informational header?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Kevin Schmidt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Envelope rewrite - informational header?
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Kevin Schmidt wrote:

> I've been using Exim for a few years with great success, and am happy to
> ignore m4/FEATURE questions these days. Special thanks to Philip Hazel
> for such excellent work.

Thank you.

> On to the question at hand: Given an envelope rewrite, is there a
> not-entirely-ugly way to add an explicit indication of a rewrite in a
> header?

This kind of happens already. Exim adds a header called
X-rewrote-original-recipient that contains the original recipient
address. However, the header is marked "deleted" on the spool, so it
does not get transmitted with the message. I think my idea was to have
the information available for the sysadmin while the message was on the
spool - but this is very old code that has not been touched for years.

I'll WishList an item to make a better option for a real header.