[Exim] Envelope rewrite - informational header?

Author: Kevin Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Envelope rewrite - informational header?
Hello all,

I've been using Exim for a few years with great success, and am happy to
ignore m4/FEATURE questions these days. Special thanks to Philip Hazel
for such excellent work.

On to the question at hand: Given an envelope rewrite, is there a
not-entirely-ugly way to add an explicit indication of a rewrite in a
header? For example, if a message was received with an envelope
recipient of kermit@??? and was rewritten to felix@???,
additional data in the Received header or an additional X-header could
indicate the rewrite had taken place. A sample might look like:

to felix@???

Alternatively:
by mx.thefrog.com with esmtp id 19Q78u-0000Q1-Ml
for felix@???; was kermit@???;
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:04:04 -0700

There's probably a simple, obvious way to do this, and of course I
haven't seen it. The host doing the rewrites serves as a general
purpose relay, and as such handles many messages that are not subject to
any envelope rewrites.

FWIW, I'm using Exim 4.14. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Kevin Schmidt                                kps@???
Campus Network Programmer                    (805) 893-7779
Office of Information Technology             (805) 893-5051 FAX
University of California, Santa Barbara
North Hall 2124
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3201