[Exim] MTA hangs when a default gateway is defined

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Claves do Amaral
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] MTA hangs when a default gateway is defined
Hello,
I have a notebook with Debian 3.0 and exim as MTA.
When I boot the system, before I connect to a Lan, I give at the
prompt:

$ mailq

The command returns immediately, giving me the queue of messages. When
I send a message using mutt, it is accepted by the MTA immediately.
Exim is not trying to resolve any domain nor send mail to anyone.
The /etc/resolv.conf is:

search my.office.domain\000
nameserver 10.7.8.21
nameserver 10.11.16.11

The /etc/hosts is:

127.0.0.1       localhost       localhost.localdomain
192.168.0.1     aprile          aprile.localdomain

At the moment the route -n command gives:

# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref
Use Iface
192.168.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0
0 eth0

when I connect to my company Lan and I configure the routing with
Dhclient the /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts files are identical, but
the routing table is now:

#route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref
Use Iface
10.7.8.0        0.0.0.0         255.255.248.0   U     0      0
0 eth0
0.0.0.0         10.7.15.254     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0
0 eth0

The command

$mailq

hangs a minute (more or less) before returning and I experience the
same behaviour in many other operations involving the MTA (sending a
message, removing a message,...).

Exim tries to resolve the remote MTA and it fails (freezing all
messages in queue). From /var/log/exim/mainlog:

2003-06-18 17:38:39 19Sd2i-0000Ed-00 == cicciopasticcio@???
R=smarthost defer (-1): lookup of host "libero.it" failed in smarthost
router

My company's syadmin don't let anyone making queries in his own
domain!

How may I tell exim not to perform any query nor try to send any message
If I am part of my.office.domain?

thank you in advance,
CdA