[Exim] Easy local-part question

Author: James Fassett
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Easy local-part question
I am using exim V3.35 to send emails our froma php script.
    exim -t -odq

Everything was going fine until ... local domain issues.

I work at an international office that has seperate mail servers for each
country. This means that '@pgi.com' emails are not being sent to addresses
outside our internal mail server.

At least this is my guess ...

My exim local_domains config option contains 'pgi.com'

When I send an email (even using exim -t) I get
test@???: unknown local-part "test" in domain "pgi.com"

Where 'test' is actually a valid email address (on a seperate server I'd
guess).

Ok, I am mail retarded, but I am catching up quickly. Please take it
gentle.

I've searched till my eyes are blurry and I can't find the answer. The
problem is I don't know what to look for - or the terminology to use.

I figure my best option would be to add a command line option that would
allow me to bypass local email address routing (or handling or whatever it
is called).

I don't want to alter the config file (as I have no clue what havok that
might cause).

Any suggestions?

James