Re: [Exim] spamdealer: filter at SMTP time for non root user…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spamdealer: filter at SMTP time for non root users
On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 04:04:50AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Did I mention my "spamdealer" setup, to filter at SMTP time for non
> root users http://jidanni.org/comp/spam/spamdealer.html

No, you did not, and *afaict* this (using exim filter with pipo to
program that exits on spam) is not "filtering at smtp-time", because
exim will only execute the exim-filter after accepting the message.

"Filtering at smtp-time" involves rejecting the message after RCPT or
DATA, therefore sparing exim the work to send a bounce.
                 cu andreas