[Exim] Turning off IPv6 all together.

Author: James Bean
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Turning off IPv6 all together.

Hi,

Running Redhat 9 on my test box and downloaded and installed the RH9
rpm's for 4.20, when any mail is transferred between through the server
it defaults to try a IPv6 protocol before failing and going back to a
IPv4 protocol.

I read some documentation on using interfaces switch in conf file but
when I searched exim4.conf there was nothing in there about binding to
interfaces and how it is done, nor anything about IPv6.

Do I add the interfaces = <blah> myself to the conf file and use a IPv4
formation for all interfaces? Or is there an easier way of doing this?

James