[Exim] Re: Need help

Author: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Need help
On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:16:56 GMT, Alberto Méndez <mdz_cu@???>
wrote:

> I don'&#7787; seem to get things to work...
> I have created a redirect router not to let a bunch of
> peaple send mail to the internet..how can i send back
> a message to them saying what is happening

Firstly you need to say if you using Exim 3.x or 4.x. If you are using 3.x
then you need to upgrade to 4.x.

Assuming you are using Exim 4.x then for things like this you should use an
ACL (Access Control List) look in Exim spec document for ACL's. You will
see many examples there.

For example if you want to block senders then you could use this...

# Block Senders
  deny  senders    = some domain or not some domain or user or some lookup
        message    = Ud. no esta autorizado

The philosopy in Exim now is to do this sort of thing all in the ACL
section of the config file. You can check conditions at receipt, data,
content etc. time of the SMTP conversation.

Read chapter 37 of Exim 4.20 spec doc throughly.

PS