[Exim] malformed macro definition

Author: Mark Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] malformed macro definition
I've started getting these warnings out of the blue when starting exim
from the /System/Library/StartupItems/Sendmail/Sendmail script on an
OSX Server box:

2003-06-13 17:55:16 Exim configuration error in line 41:
malformed macro definition

If I start exim directly with

/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q1h

There is no error in the log. Exim seems to start fine, and behave
properly, it just gives this error. I can't figure out what line 41
its referring to. Line 41 of my configure file is just a comment, and
removing it or moving it has no effect -- still the complaint about
line 41.

The Sendmail startup script I referred to above doesn't even have a
line 41, so that's not it.

How should I investigate this?

--
Mark Edwards