Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 problem

Author: Jim Trigg
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 problem
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:42:16PM -0400, John Dalbec wrote:
> Adam Moffett wrote:
> >I also suggest using SMTP AUTH instead of or in addition to this. From
> >what I've heard, POP before SMTP can be troublesome.
>
> I've implemented SMTP AUTH PLAIN and LOGIN. Unfortunately, SMTP AUTH
> doesn't seem to work for some clients. I understand some versions of
> Outlook don't implement SMTP AUTH correctly. Maybe they're looking for
> me to advertise both AUTH LOGIN and AUTH=LOGIN?

That is the case. I believe there is a configuration variable for that,
but don't recall what it is (I explicitly *don't* set it, as I don't
support connections from MS Outlook, and my user base is fine with that.)

Jim Trigg
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
                                                  \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN