Re: [Exim] route_list problem at exim 3.3

Author: ODHIAMBO G. Washington
To: exim-users
CC: jonas
Subject: Re: [Exim] route_list problem at exim 3.3
* Jonas Meurer <jonas@???> [20030612 03:45]: wrote:
> hi, sorry first for the 3.3 questions, but exim 4 didn't enter
> debian/testing jet. so, i have a problem with route_list. i have in my
> exim.conf:
> relayed:
>         driver = domainlist
>         transport = remote_smtp
>         route_list = /etc/exim/routed-domains mail.example.com bydns_a

> and /etc/exim/routed-domains contains:
> t-online.de
>
> but mails to user@??? are still not grepped from router. it
> works if i substitude the filename with t-online.de directly. as fast as
> i add a second host like t-online.de:mail.bla.org, it doesn't work any
> longer.
> from exim 3.3 spec (28.1 Routing rules):
> The three parts of a rule are separated by white space. Each rule in a
> "route_list" must start with a single domain pattern, which is the only
> mandatory item in the rule. The pattern is in the same format as one item in a
> domain list (see section 7.12), that is, it may be wildcarded or a regular
> expression, or a file or database lookup (with semicolons doubled, because of
> the use of semicolon as a separator in a "route_list").
>
> that would mean that the file should work, right?
> what is wrong with my exim?

Use the following:

route_file = /etc/exim/routed-domains

And the file should contain

domain.tld    host.domain.tld      bydns_a

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

The more we disagree, the more chance there is that at least one of us
is right.