Re: [Exim] Simple network forwarding?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Troy Settle
To: mpierce
CC: Exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Simple network forwarding?
> OS: Libranet 2.8 (Debian 3 - sarge)
> exim-tls 3.35-3
> spamassassin 2.55-2
> procmail 3.22-7
> fetchmail 6.2.1-1
> razor-agents-sdk-2.03
> razor-agents-2.22
> dcc-dccproc-1.1.36
>
> I have a simple server with two NICS, eth0 202.44.168.xxx and eth1 lan
> (192.168.1.1) to which my notebook (192.168.1.252) and another machine
> (192.168.1.253) are connected.
>
> The server has been configured to do:
> fetchmail --> procmail --> spamassassin (using razor & dcc rules) into
> mail boxes (maildir format)
>
> After much trial and error, I now have everything working correctly.
>
> Now, I want to go to the next step and have the server forward a copy of
> all mail received to the notebook.
>
> Q. Is this a forward file issue or, is this an exim configuration issue
> (maybe both)?
>
> Since it (IMHO) has to be one or the other, how do I set this up?
>
> Thanks,
> Marvin
> ---

Not sure I'm understanding your exact application, but here goes my last
$0.02.

I don't see exim in the pipeline between fetchmail and mailbox. I assume
that procmail is doing the final delivery though? If this is the case,
have it also forward a copy to user@laptop (which of course, you'll need
to configure in exim and possibly /etc/hosts or your private DNS server).

I would probably just set up IMAP on the desktop and read my mail from the
laptop using whichever client is handy.

--
Troy Settle
Pulaski Networks