[Exim] RE: RE: Re: Bugbear/B filtration

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] RE: RE: Re: Bugbear/B filtration
On 06 Jun 2003, Angel Marin <anmar@???> wrote in gmane.mail.exim.user:

> My commercial anti-virus is brain-dead and cannot unpack everything.

Well that's your problem. Mine does. Complain to your commercial supplier.

However much we 'bounce' this around it does not change the fact that if
people get the wrong impression about the capabilities of any system,
whether commercial or open source, then they should know - and act
appropriately. Especially in the context where someone (innocently) makes a
statement (on the list) that because Exiscan recognises (and can action on)
attachments then they can be protected from viruses before an anti-virus
vendor brings out a new pattern file which recognises any new virus.

In the case of Exiscan (which we use) the fact still remains that there are
some things which need work. That does *not* detract from the fact that it
is a good system, and that Tom is a doing us all a great service.

> As you mentioned Exiscan is open source, so ... thanks for
> volunteering!

After you. Your need seems to be greater.

Oh, and by the way, it was my team at work which found for Tom, after quite
some investigation, two major bugs in the last release of Exiscan for Exim
4.20, so I think we are doing our bit.

I think this thread has explored the relevant points enough.

PS