[Exim] RE: Re: Bugbear/B filtration

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] RE: Re: Bugbear/B filtration
On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:54:16 GMT, "Angel Marin" <anmar@???> wrote:

> It is simpler to bypass exiscan extension filtering. Just send a
> rfc2047 encoded filename and voila.
>
> Anyway it is the expected behaviour, it could never know how to decode
> all charsets. Not everything in the world is US-ASCII.

Well even worse situation with Exiscan then if you are correct. All the
more reason it needs to be extended to be able to deal with various
charsets/systems etc.

If the commercial anti-virus system we have behind Exim/Exiscan can
successfully unpack everything then open source should be capable of no
less :-)

Just think that a) people should be aware of the potential risks and b) we
encourage Tom to continue to improve an already useful system.

PS