Re: [Exim] require_files with + option not working for me

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] require_files with + option not working for me
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 09:00:58PM -0400, CaLViN wrote:
> I'm using exim 4.20 on a Debian system, and I try to set up an
> optional aliases file for each domain. I am using "require_files" and
> specified "+/opt/file", but if the file exists but has wrong
> permissions I still get a "failed to open" error and a temporarily
> rejected, instead of the behaviour as documented, that the router is
> skipped.

[...]
> domain_aliases:
> driver = redirect
> allow_fail
> allow_defer
> require_files = +/opt/${domain}/aliases
> data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/opt/${domain}/aliases}}
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe

[...]
> Now if the file exists, but has permission 000, then I get this error:
>
> 2003-06-06 02:52:27 H=moutvdom.kundenserver.de [212.227.126.250]
> F=<christian@???> temporarily rejected RCPT
> <didi@???>: failed to open
> /opt/wegistdaswiesel.de/aliases for linear search: Permission denied
> (euid=8 egid=8)
>
> I thought that because of the + sign, I would get the same result as
> if the file didn't exist...

Afaict from the code exim per default only checks for existence of the
file if you wanted to check for read-permissions you'd have to specify a
user, perhaps "require_files = +root:/opt/${domain}/aliases" might
work.

This is not evident from the documentation, but it is hinted:
-----------------
    Exim performs the check by scanning along the components of the
    file path, and checking the access for the given uid and gid. It
    checks for 'x' access on directories, and 'r' access on the final
    file. Note that this means that file access control lists, if the
    operating system has them, are ignored.

Persionally I think exim's /behavior/ in this respect is correct,
permssion 000 looks like a configuration error and issueing a
temporary failure correct.
          cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"