Re: [Exim] Bugbear/B filtration

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad
To: Simon Dick
CC: Alan J. Flavell, Exim users list
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Bugbear/B filtration
> On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 12:38, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Asbjorn Hoiland Aarrestad wrote:
>>
>> > Use exiscan and a virus scanner. This will stop more than just common
>> > viruses.
>>
>> Just to clarify this point: Having a virus scanner is certainly a
>> valuable backstop, but if that's the only precaution, then it more or
>> less guarantees infection, sooner or later, when a virus arrives
>> before its anti-virus update. It's best to have a policy of blocking
>> potentially-dangerous formats. And by all means a virus scanner too.
>>
>> Most recently, we (or rather, exiscan) blocked several instances of
>> what turned out to be Sobig-C, on the grounds of it being a
>> potentially dangerous attachment, in the relatively short time until
>> the update for it arrived from the anti-virus vendor. The two
>> different kinds of report are evident in the log:

I do agree on this one, but from you mail I did not understand that you
had a virus scanner.

Today I got a virus mail 2 minutes before my virus definitions were
updated. So I will implement some blockings for some file extensions....
could anybody please point me to an URL where I can find an easy example
on how to fix that?

- asbjørn

Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad    asbjorn@???
http://asbjorn.aarrestad.com/