Re: [Fwd: [Exim] Exim 4.20 RPMs available]

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Colin Sampaleanu
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Exim] Exim 4.20 RPMs available]
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 19:56, Colin Sampaleanu wrote:
> Thans for providing these. One problem: on RedHat 9, when installing exim-doc, I am
> getting a dependency failure on
> perl(MD5)
> For the life of me, I can't figure what this is supposed to be. I do have base perl
> installed, plus about a dozen other perl-xxxxx packages, all as RPMs.

Odd - I thought I had fixed that.
One of the (actually obsolete) example scripts used the MD5 module
(rather than the current Digest::Md5 module), and so caused the
dependency checking in rpm to get confused. I had fixed this by not
packaging the offending file, but I'll check what happened. I may just
turn dep checks off in the spec file for that package - since its
documents they don't really need it.

    Nigel.