Re: [Exim] SIGCHLD complaints and pam_exim failing inexplica…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Greg Owen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SIGCHLD complaints and pam_exim failing inexplicably
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 16:18, Greg Owen wrote:
> I'm currently seeing the same problem using the pam_exim helper program
> from http://www.e-admin.de/pam_exim/. That fix uses a setuid PAM helper
> executable, which presumably is the subprocess involved.

Thats believable.
What kernel are you using?
Stock, self compiled, or distribution kernel?
If its a RH kernel can you give me the full version number including
arch.

I suspect RH have a kernel bug in the case I saw - the subprocess looks
as though it was actually the module loader trying to load ipv6 support
- however in your case it looks as though the kernel is less involved
(in my case if the diagnosis is right the subprocess was actually kicked
off by the kernel).

This is all aggravated by the PTRACE fixes that are in various kernels
(with varying degrees of buggyness) - they make it impossible to strace
the processes right through due to the uid changes.

    Nig