Re: [Exim] Re: smtp_accept_max_rcpt_failures?!

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re: smtp_accept_max_rcpt_failures?!
On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 08:43, Patrick Starrenburg wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 06:50:59 GMT Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>
> > Is there a way of saying "if the client connected gave more than <n>
> > rejected RCPT commands, disconnect it"? I suspect there isn't since I
> > couldn't find anything applicable.
>
> What we use got from someone else on the list (!) who only allowed two. We
> do three. For good measure delays them also.
>
> acl_check_rcpt:
>
>   # We stall people who try 3 or more illegal recipients
>   deny  message      = Max 3 failed recipients allowed
>         condition    = ${if >{$rcpt_fail_count}{2} {1}}
>         delay        = ${eval: ($rcpt_fail_count) * 30}s
>         log_message  = $rcpt_fail_count failed recipient attempts

This rejects further recipients.
If you *really* want to drop the connection then use the drop verb, but
be aware that this will have side effects - if a delivering MTA has an
initial set of bad recipients for whatever reason and you are dropping
the connection it may then retry the whole transaction (including the
bad recipients) since from its point of view the whole last connection
went bad.

    Nigel.