[Exim] Suppress Received: line

Author: Peter Rindfuss
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Suppress Received: line
For the wishlist (maybe):
I would like to have a simple way to suppress the Received: line in
certain circumstances. Background is that we send everything thru the
antivirus/antispam interface amavisd-new, which acts as an MTA.
Originally, each message showed two extra Received: lines on
127.0.0.1 ports 10024 resp. 10025. Amavis has an config option to
suppress the Received: line, but in Exim 4.20 it was a bit tricky. I
first tried to put an if-Statement around received_header_text, but
Exim would (as is mentionend in the doc) still write
semicolon+timestamp. My solution was to change the header name from
the line "headers_remove = amavis" to each transport. That did it.
I'd like to suggest a tiny change in the source code such as:
"if received_header_text is emtpy then do not write anything".

Peter Rindfuss

Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung
(Social Science Research Center Berlin, Germany)
email: rindfuss@???
phone: ++49-30-25491-566 fax:++49-30-25491-558