Re: [Exim] LDAP segmentation fault...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Trey Keifer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] LDAP segmentation fault...
On 29 May 2003, Trey Keifer wrote:

> I'm attempting to get exim working with LDAP on a Solaris 9 box running
> v4.20

> after ldap_url_parse: host=dc=obitdot.com,o=top port=0
> initialized for LDAP (v3) server dc=obitdot.com,o=top:389
> Segmentation Fault
> [root@dev-smtp01 /var/log]#
>
> Can someone please explain why I'm getting that seg fault at the end

Without more information, I'm afraid not.

There is very little code between that last line of debug output and the
next one, so the area in which the crash occurred is very limited. The
line that generates "initialized for LDAP..." is line 389 in the source
file lookups/ldap.c. I suggest you insert a number of lines of the form

debug_printf("++++HERE\n");

in the code that follows, including a final one just before line 450,
where the binding is about to happen. That should pin down where the
crash is occurring.