Re: [Exim] spam using rbl (output from exim -bh)

Author: John Burnham
To: Sherona Hoosen, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spam using rbl (output from exim -bh)
Sherona Hoosen wrote:
> Hi
>
> How do I get it to read the RBL part (which is defined in the ACL
> part of the configuration) of the configuration.
> Is there something that needs to be changed or something I'm missing
> in the main configuration.

No, you've missed my point. The RBL stuff is done when Exim is
handling the rcpt to: part of the SMTP conversation. So what you want
to do is
exim -bh 66.216.119.168
<loads of information>
then you type
ehlo fake.server.example
You'll get a 2xx response back, then type something like
mail from: foo@???
You should get a 2xx response back, then type something like
rcpt to: {an email address handled by your box}
and you SHOULD get a 5xx response saying that the address in the RBL
(if it is).
Learn how to handle SMTP conversations by hand, it's very useful.
John