[Exim] MSN, SPA (Secure Password Authentication), Port 25

Author: Jim Hribar
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] MSN, SPA (Secure Password Authentication), Port 25
All,

Quick and Dirty: I'd like someone to send me their working exim4 config
for msn (passwords removed).

Ok. So I've searched the archives, but couldn't find a working config
file/solution. I have Debian Linux, Exim4 from unstable, and want to be
able to send all my mail through msn (smarthost?). I've basically
followed this site:
http://slackware.duffs.org/Documentation/eximconfig.html but used the
default exim4 config as a starting place. Local Deliveries, fetchmail,
and procmail all work without a problem.

The problems occur when i try to send to an outside address (e.g.
jimhribar@???). The following shows up in the logs, but the
astericks don't help me one bit... I'm sure there's something I've
missed, but who knows.

2003-05-28 17:49:30 19L8nY-0004L2-37 SMTP error from remote mailer after

I'm also trying to avoid getting this all the time, or a way to reset it
manually. I understand it has to do with the Retry Configuration, but
not familiar enough with it yet to make it stop (this happens after I
try and fail to send through msn a few times):

2003-05-28 17:49:30 19L8nY-0004L2-37 ** jimhribar@???: retry timeout
exceeded

Thanks,

  Jim Hribar                           -o)
  jimhribar@???                    /\\
  http://mentorwireless.tripod.com    _\_v