[Exim] Local User Virtual Forwarding and Local Storage

Author: Gordon McKee
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Local User Virtual Forwarding and Local Storage
Hi all

I have got most of this working but not all of it. I have an alias file for
each domain I server mail for and a this works fine. I have modified the
'localuser:' so as if the alias is not in the aliases file the address get
forwarded on to my exchange server. On the other hand if the address is in
the alias file it should get delivered locally on the Unix server. The
problem is this seems to work when the localuser part has an account in
/etc/passwd but not when the locapart should be aliased up to a localuser
account.

Can someone please advise me what I am doing wrong. The relevant lines of
my config file are as follows:

### Modified localusers check ###
localuser:
driver = accept
condition =
{lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/aliases/$domain}{y
es}{no}}
# condition =
${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/aliases/
$domain}{yes}{no}}
check_local_user
transport = local_delivery

### Relay Certain Domains to internal NT Server - GDM 23/03/2003 ###
special:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = optimalprofit.com nt-opro-h0.gdmckee.home ; themckees.co.uk
nt-op
ro-h0.gdmckee.home

### Virtual Domains Router - GDM ###
virtual:
driver = redirect
domains = dbm;/usr/local/etc/exim/domains.db
no_more
#file = /usr/local/etc/exim/aliases/$domain
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/aliases/$domain}}

Many thanks

Gordon