Re: [Exim] bsmtp and suffixes options

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Paul Warren
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] bsmtp and suffixes options
On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 14:34, Philip Hazel wrote:

> You will need to pass $local_part_suffix to the pipe, as well as the
> local part. And then ensure that /some/command reconstructs the correct
> recipient address when it re-submits the message.
>
> Ah. I think I see the difficulty. In the BMSTP that is passed, you will
> just get the stripped local part. Your command will have to fix that up
> before re-submitting.

OK - that's pretty much the conclusion that I had reached, but it means
writing a wrapper to SpamAssassin, which I was hoping to avoid.

The Exim 3 docs state explicitly that rewriting envelope-to is not
allowed at transport time - I assume that there is some good reason for
this as otherwise this would appear to be a solution.

> > Is there any way round this? Would the situation be better with Exim 4?
> It would not be a huge modification to provide an option (for Exim 4) to
> restore the affixes, because this is all handled by a central function
> now. I have put it on the Wish List.

Cool.

thanks,

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com