[Exim] Little OT: Reverse DNS email denial

Author: Matt Jones
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Little OT: Reverse DNS email denial
One of my co-workers got an email returned from one of his net admin
friends when he sent it via Exim. The error basically said there was a
reverseDNS lookup error and the MTA returned the mail. I use a debian
box for Exim and I use a windows 2000 box for my local DNS (as I host
all services locally). I am not exactly sure where the reverseDNS test
is testing, but I assumed it was the DNS machine. I checked it out and
all DNSs have proper reverseDNS entries. Is there something on the
debian machine that must be setup so that a proper reverseDNS lookup is
performed and passed?

Matt Jones
Micro*D, Inc
828.326.9111