RE: [Exim] Protect again spam

Author: Oliver Egginger
To: exim-users
CC: Smith, A.D., Bjoern.Arne.Ramann
Subject: RE: [Exim] Protect again spam
I like to hear what other people think about this point:

Smith, A.D. wrote:
> Doesn't the condition:
> {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:}
> create a hole whereby a spammer using a X-Spam-Flag: Nooooo

The Spam-flag is only set for positive spam tests, I hope strongly.
So spammers could tag their spam for us, but they can't tag it as
being clean.
All the same they can hinder SpamAssassin to run.

I picked this (maybe problematic) condition from
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim4_spamassassin.html

dman says:
"this is safe because the only flag that is skipped is a positive flag;"

This is maybe a wrong estimation, cause the exim documentation says for
def:h_<header_name> on page 79:
"This condition is true if a message is being processed and the name
header exists in the message."

So it is also true for "X-Spam-Flag: Nooooo",
but a (procmail) filter normaly scans for "X-Spam-Flag: YES".

I mull over the question, whether the X-Spam-Flag: is really only
set for spam messages.
In this case we could ignore anything that follows "X-Spam-Flag:"
in our filters and the condition would work.

- oliver