Re: [Exim] No spam on list

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Michelle Konzack, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] No spam on list
On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 14:57, Marc Perkel wrote:
> For what it's worth ...
>
> I notice that this list is running on Mailman 2.0.13. I upgraded to
> Mailman 2.1.2 and it is FAR BETTER. One feature it has is the ability to
> automatically reject posts from non-members which is a feature worth
> upgrading for.

4 basic reasons why it hasn't been done as yet:-
      * python2 - only available on that box relatively recently
      * non-standard patches within the exim.org mailman config
      * exim.org is seriously overloaded... i'm concerned any new
        version may finally break it
      * no killer features that made me feel I *need* to upgrade

Having said that I recently noticed the ability for a sender to cancel a
posting held in the moderation queue on Mailman 2.1x. Thats just about
a killer feature for me considering the type of work the list generates.

I'm seeing if I can update the hardware... if so many things will be
broken (I mean improved and upgraded) in that process.

    Nigel.