Re: [Exim] problems running exim on non-standard port

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Gatenby, Damon
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problems running exim on non-standard port
On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 14:47, Gatenby, Damon wrote:
> I have gone through the documentation and FAQ and have tried different config file arguments and have not worked.
> on my last attempt I changed the mail line in my inetd.conf file from:

The first word of an inetd.conf line is the service (effectively the
port number).

Do run exim this way (not really recommended) you should do something
like:-
  9925  stream    tcp    nowait    mail    /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs

If your inetd is quite old and cannot handle numbers in inetd.conf you
should add a service into /etc/services for port 9925 and use that in
the inetd.conf

More normally you would set daemon_smtp_port in the configuration file.

    Nigel.